About Me

My photo
Fulltime housewife..need to read & write b4 she become a 'tukun' ... NOW I am back in Malaysia..

Friday, August 19, 2011

Separating garbage.

Separating garbage is not a practice in Malaysia eventhough there is an Act about that under the Solid Waste Mangement and Public Cleansing 2007 Act.  The Act stated that the public must separate the recycleable item such as papers, plastic and glass from their household waste. As a public, I don't even know about the Act before this because I think the government dont really enforce the public to do so.

In Japan, they do separating their garbage (i'm not sure either they have the same Act or they teach it in school!).  The separated garbage will be collected in different day.  For example, burnable garbage in Monday, Wednesday and Friday; papers in Tuesday and plastics in Thursday.  They put the separated garbage properly in cage or net to avoid it from crow and wind.

However, as far as I'm concern, the government in Malaysia will impose the Act in this coming September but will give two years period to the public to get used to in separating their garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment